A beautiful brick memorial walk will be a lovely addition to our pollinator garden. This walk and garden will be installed on the northwest side of the new library addition. We hope that the community will take part in the building of this memorial walk by purchasing a brick in honor of or in memory of a cherished loved one. All proceeds from the project will go towards the purchase of additional books, AV equipment, and computers.
You can visit the following website for further information:
We will be closed from February 29th through March 15th. When we reopen on Monday, March 16th we will have a Pop-Up library in the center part of the building. You will not be able to use the main door of the library or the space in the current library. The temporary entrance will be to the left of the main door, up the sidewalk, and then to your right.
Our Pop-Up library will have limited services and space. Here is what will be available to you:
1. New and Bestseller Books for Adult, Young Adults, and Children.
3. Books on CD
4. Current Newspapers and Magazines
5. Holds from other locations
6. Copy and Fax Machine and Wifi Printing
7. We have a limited number of Chromebooks to checkout with your library card for use in the library. You will have the same amount of time to use on these computers as you would on our regular desktops which is 30 minutes. (These Chromebooks do not have any software, and can only be used to access the web.)
We will not have access to our library collection, reference materials, or Nelson County Historical Society materials. You will still be able to put “holds” on items that you need or want from one of our other libraries and have them sent here to Nelson.
We hope that we will be able to accommodate the majority of your library needs until we are able to make a final move into our new space this summer.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.